Steve & Gary


not very weather-proof
The only Building left at Hannapah

not much is left in the mine
The Mine Entrance

Hannapah is a town that never really made it.  Limited mining took place after silver was discovered in 1902.  In an effort to promote the area, a well advertised barbecue took place in 1906.  A townsite was plotted and lots were offered for sale.  Mining ceased in 1914.  The area is only 2 miles from US 6 and therefore not considered secluded.  Wood for campfires is available.

HANNAPAH update 2004

ladders go down into an unsafe mine
The only standing Headframe (2004)

the remains of a building
Is this the Building pictured Above?

we camped here twice on the 2004 trip
Our Camping Site

Back To Main Page