Steve, Gary & Derek


this building is in the middle of nowhere
The only Standing Building Left at Davytown

at least this has a decent roof
Another view of the same Building

Little is known about Davytown.  We think Davytown was established between 1911 and 1915.  Mining activity began in the nearby mountains around 1910.  A mining camp called Awakening was established on the east slope of the Slumbering Hills.  To handle the mining output, three different mills were constructed, including an amalgamation mill at Davytown.  After the Jumbo mines went silent in 1948, Davytown and Awakening were abandoned.  Davytown is well secluded on a valley floor.  Wood is available for campfires.  Camping is better and more secluded in the nearby town of Jumbo.

Back To Main Page