Steve, Gary & Derek


only half this building remains standing
The only Remaining Building in Centerville

these vehicles were used by the last miners in this area
Two Abandoned Cars Mark The Townsite

Centerville was established in the early 1870s as a result of silver mining on the east flank of the Schell Creek range on Siegel Creek.  Operations continued intermittently through the 1880s.  In the early 1900s, Centerville was renamed Siegel after a Utah financier who renewed operations until 1908.  Only half a log cabin and two rusty cars remain.  Centerville is well secluded, with both water and wood available for camping.

Back To Main Page